Buffering?? Why does buffering occur?
There are many reasons why your programs can buffer or constantly stop.
Here are some reasons this could happen and how you can easily fix these issues.
1. The main cause of this issue can be the speed of your internet. We normally recommend more then 20mbps of speed so that the box functions correctly. If you have less than 10mbps and you are running the box and many other things at once this can be an issue. Running a speed test on your box to see exactly what speeds you are receiving is a good idea to see what you are working with. If you go to your apps you will see an app called Speed test it is easy to run and find out quickly.
2. Another key reason could be how far your modem/router is from the box.
Our new UATV box was created with longer wifi reception and a faster processor so you shouldn’t have any problems. But as mentioned above if your router is pretty far, have slow internet and have many things connected at once it can affect it.
3. The longer you use the box the more cache it accumulates and starts to become slow. To avoid this, always make sure you follow the procedures for clearing the cache. Kodi has add-ons available that help you clear the cache. We have instructions on how to do this and many videos on our website. If you have any questions please let us know and we will help you. There is also a button on the main screen called clear memory. We highly recommend you press that button as often as possible. It closes programs that are constantly running in the background which will keep your box running faster as well.
4. Downloading content or movies can fill up your memory extremely fast. If you download content such as movies or shows, make sure to delete it or transfer it to a USB drive. We never suggest you download any content. If there are apps you never use you can also delete them to clear more space.
5. Having an old modem or router can slow down your fast internet. You can be paying for 100mbps of internet but if your equipment is outdated that can cause very slow speeds for all of your home devices.
6. Keeping your apps updated is a very important thing to keep up with. These apps constantly change and always have new updates. Developers fix these apps and continue to make them better every day so please be patient if something is not working properly. Updating your apps when it prompts you to do so is a must. We know how often apps change and we research new apps every day to make sure your box is always working at its optimal level. Always check the UATV Installer app for new apps and updates and sign up to our newsletter to get notifications of new updates.
You can buy the UATV Box here
Please email us if you have any questions and we can assist you.